Last Updated on
Dr. Jalil Illan is a bariatric surgeon who currently works for BariatricPal Hospital MX.
Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo is a highly esteemed bariatric surgeon based in Tijuana, Mexico who runs his private practice there and works with BariatricPal Hospital Mex.
Dr. Illan offers patients Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Revision surgeries to address their weight loss management needs.
Dr. Jalil Illan Review
There are several different websites promoting Dr. Jalil Illan bariatric services. Upon further review, Dr. Jalil Illan surgical volume was reported differently on each.
- Performed over 5,500 Laparoscopic Procedures, 4,000 Bariatric Surgeries and was part of 9,000 metabolic and bariatric procedures.
- Also claims 11000 bariatric surgeries, 12,500 metabolic procedures, 5,000 satisfied patients.
- Claims Zero Fatalities.
Past Volume: It was reported in February 2018 Dr. Illan performed over three bariatric surgeries per day and to date [Feb 2018] has personally completed over 4,000 laparoscopic procedures and over 3,000 bariatric operations in total. Source was MexicoGastricSleeve.org circa February 2018.
Another image from DrJalil.com states yet again different numbers on Dr. Jalil’s surgical experience. All this could mean is that Dr. Jalil team doesn’t update his websites regularly. I wouldn’t read in too much into Dr. Jalil’s surgical volume, but there are a lot of numbers to digest.
Dr. Jalil Illan Background
Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo obtained his medical degree and education at the Baja California University, College of Medicine where he distinguished himself by graduating with honors and at the top of his medical class. Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo then pursued his studies in General Surgery at the Sonora State General Hospital in Hermosillo, Texas and later went on to embark upon a rigorous 4-year fellowship in the specialized field of Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery under the tutelage of the renowned Dr. Juan Lopez Corvalá. In addition to his formal medical studies, Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo has obtained expert and international training in Laparoscopic Surgical Techniques and Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass at the Hospital Oswaldo Cruz Sao Paulo in Brazil, one of Brazil’s most respected surgical centers. Dr. Corvalá has published his research in several prestigious medical journals and also completed advanced training studies in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.
Dr. Jalil Illan Professional Associations:
- Member, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Member, Hospital Ethics Committee at Regional Hospital IMSS No. 1
- Member, Mexican College for the Surgery of Obesity A. C.
- Life Member, The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Member, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Member, Mexican Association of General Surgery
- Member, Latin American Federation of Surgery
- Member, International Society of Surgery
- Member, Tijuana Medical Board
- Member, Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo provides patients with a comprehensive program of both pre and post-operative care at the Florence Health System Hospital and leads a team of top-notch professionals that include anesthesiologists, dietitians, nurses and support staff that ensure your overall surgical results will be both rewarding and successful. In addition to his bariatric practice, Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo currently holds the position of Chief of the Emergency Room Department of Surgery at the Regional Hospital IMSS.
Costs of Surgery
Pricing: For Gastric Sleeve Surgery for $4,900, Gastric Bypass for $5,900, Revision from $5,400, and Duodenal Switch for $6,400. It’s not known if these prices are all-inclusive or if they are applicable for Dr. Illan.
Phone: USA (619) 313 5738, MX 01 (664) 720 1740
Address: Santa Isabel 219-11 Sepanal, Tijuana C.P. 22415 Baja California, Mexico