Bariatric Pal Hospital MX is the medical tourism company of BariatricPal.com, a leading bariatric forum. Founded by Alex Brecher, a former bariatric patient in Mexico.
Alex Brecher also owns BariatricPal.com which is a forum where members discuss topics relating to Mexico bariatric surgery. The forum is no longer recommended as an independent discussion, because they are using it as a platform to advertise Bariatric Pal Hospital MX. Since BariatricPal controls all aspects of discussions, it’s hard to say they are objective and unbiased. Bariatric Pal Hospital MX is heavily promoted on the forum, thereby tainting other bariatric centers and bariatric surgeons in Mexico.
Update: As of 2020 Bariatric Pal Hospital MX uses its own hospital located in Tijuana, and no longer Oasis of Hope Hospital.
Claims of BariatricPal Hospital MX
- 9,000 Metabolic and bariatric surgeries
- 5,500 Laparoscopic surgical procedures
- Zero Fatalities
Surgeries Offered By Team MX Bariatric Pal
The surgeons at team MX have perfected the following weight loss procedures.
- Gastric sleeve surgery – This is the most popular weight loss surgery in the entire world, maybe because of its high success rate. The surgeons performing this surgery are well equipped with the knowledge and skills that can help them complete this procedure in a laparoscopic way. The starting price for this procedure is four thousand six hundred dollars.
- Single-incision gastric sleeve – This system is similar to the one above. The only difference is that the laparoscopic procedure will include a single incision as opposed to many. The starting price for this procedure is five thousand two hundred dollars
- Roux-en-Roux-en-Y gastric bypass – This laparoscopic procedure is reversible. The starting price for this procedure is six thousand dollars.
- Mini-gastric bypass surgery – This malabsorptive and restrictive procedure has a starting price of five thousand seven hundred dollars.
- Duodenal switch surgery – This is a less common gastric bypass surgery that has a starting price of six thousand four hundred dollars.
- Revision surgery – This surgery is exclusive to persons who have undergone a weight loss surgery that has caused a decline in the weight they lose. If you fall into this bracket, then you are viable for this surgery. You might need to contact team MX for more information on the pricing of this surgery.
Team MX has more than thirteen years of experience under their founder Alex Breacher who formed this facility in 2003. The following are special services given to patients who choose to contract team MX services:
- Team MX has drivers who pick up their patients from the airport and escort them to the facility. This option is for persons who do not live in Mexico.
- The patients get their valets who help the patients, and their families settle into their hotel and hospital schedule. In addition to this, they can also act as tour guides by directing you to fantastic sites around Mexico before you settle into your procedure.
- The facility assigns patient advocates who help the patients understand their method and the details of their recovery.
- Dr. Jalil Illan
- Dr. Carlos Vila
Costs of Bariatric Pal Hospital MX
Prices: Gastric Sleeve Surgery package only $4,900, Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery Packages only $5,900, Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB) package only $6,900, Revision Surgery only $5,400, Duodenal Switch package only $6,400.
There is an additional fee of $500 for BMI’s 49 to 69 and $1000 for BMI 70+
Discounts if you book surgery with a friend of approximately $100.
For more information, visit their website on https://teammx.bariatricpal.com/ or reach them through either email@example.com or (844) 957-3325.
Address: Paseo Ensenada, No. 1193 int. 5A, Playas de Tijuana, Secc. Jardines C.P. 22200